In practice and briefly
- Cultural activities, productions and outreach
- Education and Lifelong learning
- Information / reception
- Community building
- IBO (Out-Of-School Centre)
- Brede School, Laken
- Nekkersdal endeavours to offer a varied cultural programme and in this way to support the formation of our community.
- We offer activities for both children and adults.
- Support for emerging talent and collaboration with other partners are essential elements in our programming.
- Nekkersdal itself has courses to offer all, from toddlers to seniors.
- We want to help people get started and hope they will find their way to a club or organisation.
- Support for new groups starting up or which offer an educational packet is a priority. .
Nekkersdal would like to offer Laken residents and all interested parties useful information about life in Laken. Whether you are looking for a babysitter or support for a project, we will be happy to help you in our offices.
Outside office hours, this information function is handled by the café.
Nekkersdal also addresses its target groups actively in the form of its monthly publication, de Nekker, which contains articles about Laken, its clubs and associations and tells of Nekkersdal's cultural and educational activities. The magazine is run by volunteers. We are always looking for sharp pens and flashing photographers!
We also announce our activities on this website, in a newsletter, via the (Brussels) media and various fairs.
The Community Centre promotes community participation in the population and works towards improvement of the local community spirit.
Nekkersdal supports associative life by offering services to existing and new iniatives, and by organising its own activities in which residents are as closely involved as possible.
From the Zinneke Parade to car-free Sunday via the Zonder-Deur-Dag (No Door Day) to the Week of Flavours.
The out-of-school centre is there to offer quality and sensible after-school care to primary school children when school is over.
Our five partner schools – Sint-Ursula basisschool, BSGO basisschool, basisschool Kakelbont, Wittouck bassischool and Leidstar basisschool - can count on us every day after school hours and during free days.
During school holidays the IBO organises play weeks bubbling over with games and fun.
- Organises out-of-school activities fitting the needs and capacities of children.
- Is building balanced and lasting cooperation with the partners involved.
- Communicates clearly to parents and children about activities organised in the neighbourhood either by Brede School Laken, the schools or its partners and makes communications accessible.